California working on deal to cover 100% of back rent for eligible tenants



California wants to make landlords and tenants whole again.

Gov. Gavin Newsom and the Legislature are negotiating a deal that would use previously allocated federal funds to pay 100% of back rent owed by tenants making 80% or less of area median income as a result of pandemic hardships. Currently, landlords and tenants can apply for funds to cover 80% of rent owed if the landlord agrees to forgive the remaining 20%.

The change would come in the form of an amendment to Senate Bill 91, the bill signed…



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *