The Mouthhealthy.org website offers these suggestions:
- Both electric and manual toothbrushes can clean teeth well, so choose what is easiest for you.
- Make sure the toothbrush‘s shape and size fit comfortably in your mouth.
- After brushing, rinse your toothbrush thoroughly under running water to wash away debris.
- Place the toothbrush in an upright position and allow it to air dry. Don’t put it inside a container or cover it.
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months, or sooner if bristles appear frayed.
— Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.