- Biden plan will propose rolling back Trump tax cuts
- Biden promises ‘historic’ $2tn spending
- We sampled US tap water and found toxic chemicals
- Third day of Chauvin murder trial underway
- Pfizer finds vaccine safe for children 12 to 15
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
Karine Jean-Pierre, the principal deputy White House press secretary, confirmed that Joe Biden will hold his first cabinet meeting tomorrow.
Speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One on the way to Pittsburgh, Jean-Pierre said the president will “convene his first full cabinet meeting just a day after rolling out his American Jobs Plan, which will be a key topic of discussion”.
France’s schools are to close for at least three weeks and travel within the country will be banned for a month after Easter in an attempt to curb a dramatic surge in Covid-19 cases that threatens to overwhelm hospitals, Emmanuel Macron has said.
In a televised address to the nation, the French president said the government had waited “until the last moment” to impose further restrictions, winning the country “precious weeks of freedom”, but that “we now have to make one more big effort”.